What's New With Craig...: Barkeep, I'll Have Another

Monday, September 12, 2005

Barkeep, I'll Have Another

So this past weekend a friend of mine from work named Steve and his wife Denise had a belated house warming party. I say belated because they have been in the house over a year now, but he's been feverishly working on improvements. He's that kind of guy. Handy with tools he is. :)

Anyway, he threw a party together and invited some family, friends, and neighbors. We were invited and brought the kids, as they were welcomed also. The kids had fun being kids. They ran around, threw horse shoes, played with sticks, and built things with all of the other kids that happened to show up.

So later on, most of the kids had begun to filter out. Cade & Cale were looking for stuff to do and were drawn to the kegs of beer. Initially Cale began playing with the ice water. I did my part as a role model and father and encouraged him to dip his hands in the ice cold water and flick it on his mother. He'd get as far as running all the way over to her and then he would chicken out. It wasn't long before the excitement in the ice drew Cade in. But things suddenly took a drastic and unexpected twist. As people came over for beer, the kids wanted to help. So soon Cade & Cale became the bartenders of the night pumping the keg and filling the cups. They ended up having a lot of fun and did a really great job.

Yeah, the photos were once again taken by my phone. Guess I'm stupid. Posting evidence so Social Services can come knocking on my door. LOL! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home