What's New With Craig...: TiVo Series 3

Sunday, January 08, 2006

TiVo Series 3

The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is currently going on in Las Vegas. Actually, I believe it ended today. But for electronic gadgets and the like, this show is all the rage.

I'm still getting caught up on what's new and exciting, but the new TiVo was the first thing to catch my eye. The Series 3 TiVo's offer many new features. The most notable are dual tuners, a display, HDTV recording, and the ability to play MPEG-4. Currently the only dual tuner TiVo's that are out the DirecTv receivers. These are stand alone units that take it a step further.

The ability to playback MPEG-4 is a nice feature. Currently the only way for me to stream this type of media to the TV easily is though my modded xboxes.

Right now it's rumored to cost between $500 and $800. I don't plan on spending that much on a DVR anytime soon, but it sounds really cool. I still love my two ReplayTV's and will hang with them until they no longer serve their need.

Check out more on the TiVo Series 3 by visiting THIS post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home