What's New With Craig...: When it rains... It pours!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

When it rains... It pours!

So on Tuesday the battery lights comes on in my car. Crap. So I change the battery since it's past it's warranty anyway. Hoping the battery light goes out, I start the car. Of course it doesn't go out. I've been here before. For some reason both my Saturns have had alternator issues. Normally the alternator isn't that bad to change, but in a Saturn it's near the bottom of the engine and you need to take it out through the wheel well.

So for 3 days I cautiously drove to work on with a poor alternator and new battery. The battery held up, but the weather didn't. I don't have a garage, so a friend of mine from work, Jorel, offered up his garage. It's huge. He had it built big because he actually likes to work on cars. I had to drive almost 40 minutes to get to his house, so I was praying the battery would at least hold up until I got there. It did and everything, for the most part, went fine with the install of the new alternator.

It's still raining it's butt off outside as I type this. We desperately needed the rain though, so I won't complain too much. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

LOL! I'm not all that when it comes to cars. I can hang with the simple stuff and that's about it. I definitely feel much more comfortable behind a keyboard. ;)

Sunday, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home