What's New With Craig...: Rock Star : Inxs - It's No American Idol

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Rock Star : Inxs - It's No American Idol

AND THAT'S WHY I LIKE IT! Ok, American Idol, for me, was ok. I watched it now and again, but never really got into it. Initially Shelly and I had no intensions of watching Rock Star : Inxs, but it sucked us in by accident. The show just happened to be on while watching Live TV, something we rarely do anymore since we have the two ReplayTV's. A friend of mine, Dee, also mentioned it so we gave it a shot.

Anyway, the show was different enough that we both ended up liking it. The music is also more in vein of what we actually like. Since we started watching on the second show, I went and downloaded the first episode to get caught up. (Our Replay's allow us to share recorded content with other people online via a broadband connection.)

So, the premise is this. Each week everyone performs a song that they pick out of a pool. If more than one person wants a particular song from the pool, they have to hash it out themselves. Additionally, it's worth mentioning that the pool of songs only is as large as the number of people still in the contest. They then get a little time to prepare their performance with a house band. Next, it's showtime and they perform the song in front of a live audience, while Inxs themselves and Dave Navaro (Chilli Peppers) critique them. America decides who the 3 worst performers are. The three people who got the fewest votes then must perform an Inxs song that Inxs picks out for them. Ultimately, the winner becomes the new lead singer for Inxs, so the band is watching people carefully as their songs are performed. Of these three people playing their songs, Inxs personally picks the one that doesn't fit their band the most and politely boots them. In the end, there can be only one.

The show is on 3 times a week, so it does consume a little viewing time. While most of the finalists probably aren't quite as talented as an Idol, they still do have their people that shine. If you're in the Rock genre, you'll most likely be drawn to the show. It cool, check it out. You can get details on the show over @ CBS.com. Let me know who you like in the comments.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone but Jordis.....ewwwwww! :p

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brandon, Marty or Mig are my picks.....

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Craig said...

Geez, I can't even edit the damn post before you're commenting already. Ok, you know I like her, but there is another I like as well. That's JD. The guy is workin' it hard and is probably the best fit for Inxs of the lot. I can't wait 2 see how it all pans out. Things could change.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I have no life, so I'm quick [g]

I kinda have to agree about JD, tho. IMO, it's probably between him & Mig, as far as "best fit" for INXS. Brandon & Marty still get my votes, tho (even tho I have not voted).

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home