What's New With Craig...: It Was A Good Fight, But I Lost

Sunday, July 23, 2006

It Was A Good Fight, But I Lost

The hard drive got the best of me. Of the 3 that died over the past few weeks, mine was the worst by far. It died right before my eyes. I was able to grab a little bit from it before it started clicking. At least I was able to access the FAT (File Allocation Table) and see what data I was actually going to lose before it completely denied me access to it.

I used several disk tools and brought it back to life a couple times, but the fight is finally over. Nothing on there was all that valuable to me. Most of it I should be able to get again over time.

If there was data on there that I really needed, I would have been hosed. Just another reason for me to encourage you to backup your important data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home