What's New With Craig...: Another Hard Drive Failure!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Another Hard Drive Failure!

Yet another hard drive failure. This one is mine though. It's my 300 GB Seagate drive that mainly stores miscellaneous multimedia files. Stuff I really don't backup because it's not critical and the files can be somewhat large. That being said there are files on there that I really would like to get back. More to save me time re-retrieving the data than anything.

So, as I type this, I am trying the old freezer trick in which you place the bad hard drive in the freezer. Personally I have never tried this method but some people have had good results with it, so what the heck. I'm not overly confident that it will work but I'll let you know.

More to come on my freezing results...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home