What's New With Craig...: Free 411

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Free 411

Ever have a need to call information to get a phone number? Generally I'll have a need when I am away from computer and need to call someone on my cell. Information over the cell phone is crazy expensive and I refuse to pay for it. Free is good though.

There are two services that offer Free Information.

1) FREE 411 can be reached by calling (800) FREE-411 or (800) 373-3411. It's advantage is that it's completely automated and is very "clean".

2) 411 SAVE can be reached by calling (800) 411-SAVE or (800) 411-7283. This is not quite as nice in one regard because you end up talking to an operator who then sends you an automated response. However, 411 SAVE offers a very cool feature that FREE 411 does not. The feature is actually not even mentioned anymore but does still work. If you press "2" after it gives you the number, it will text the info to your cell phone. Personally, I think this is a wicked cool feature because I rarely have a pen and my short term memory is horrible.

How are these services free? Well, you end up having to listen to a short little ad. A small price to pay for a free service. I suggest you add it to your address book as 411 to use whenever you have a need.

Try them both out. If you don't care about the text back feature, I suggest FREE 411. It's definitely worth checking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home