What's New With Craig...: Big News

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Big News

So I got up early today (5:30) to shovel snow. Yeah, we got a little snow last night. Not much, maybe an inch. Anyway, I had a little extra time and decided to post the big news.

No, Shelly is not pregnant. :) I am, however, taking a new job. After 11 years with the state I have decided to leave and take a new position with Delaware Transit. The decision was really tough because I like my job. Additionally, I have a strong bond with the people I work with.

After the deliberation and conversations with Shelly (as well as family and friends) I decided the best move would be to accept the new job. The pay is better ($8000 more) and there is more room for growth within the company. Unless I desire to be a supervisor, which at this point I don't, I really can't get promoted any further within my division. So, I'm kinda stuck just getting nominal raises at this point.

Our division does a limited amount of work for DART (Delaware Transit) now. We maintain some of the equipment in the buses. While over there one day I happened to find out about a new position they were creating. I put in for it and they ended up hiring me. It was dumb luck really. I wasn't even really looking for another job.

There are a couple projects I'm working on now, so I asked if I could start in January. They didn't have a problem with it. My first day is 1.7.2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home