What's New With Craig...: Let's Get Rocked

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Let's Get Rocked

So anybody who really knows me knows that I am a die hard Def Leppard fan. There is something about their hooks and melodies that has had me hooked since 1983. It is true that they no longer consume my life as they once did. Sadly, over time, their role in my life became somewhat less important as I got married and had children. Does that mean I like them any less? Hell No! I just can't see them 5 times on one tour and buy every single release from every single country. :)

Anyway, back in May, Def Leppard released their 11th album as a double disc collection entitled Def Leppard -- Rock of Ages : The Definitive Collection. This disc celebrates over 25 years of Leppard material. Each song they remastered and you can actually hear the improvements. Well, er, I can anyway. Here is a rundown of the tracks:

Disc 1
Pour Some Sugar On Me (Historia video edit) | Photograph | Love Bites | Let's Get Rocked | Two Steps Behind (acoustic version) | Animal | Heaven Is | Foolin' | Rocket (Visualize video edit) | When Love & Hate Collide | Armageddon It | Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad | Rock Of Ages | Hysteria | Miss You In A Heartbeat | Bringin' On The Heartbreak | Switch 625


Disc 2
Rock! Rock! Till You Drop | Let It Go | High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night) | Too Late For Love | No Matter What | Promises | Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes) |
Women | Another Hit And Run | Slang | Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion) | Rock Brigade | Now | Paper Sun | Work It Out | Die Hard The Hunter | Wasted | Billy's Got A Gun


So, as you can see, you have all the classic hits (mainly disc 1) plus a bunch of other rockin' tunes. Disc 2 also contains one new track entitled No Matter What, which is a Badfinger cover. The tune is fantastic! This album (you can tell I'm old when I call it an album) is a must have for a Def Leppard fan of any magnitude. As I mentioned, it's a two disc set, but it is priced as if it was only one. Pick it up from Amazon for only $15. It's a deal and a steal baby!

Currently Def Leppard is on a co-headlining tour with Bryan Adams. What is unique about this tour is that they are playing all the shows in minor league baseball parks across the United States. They are trying to make it a family event and are welcoming kids under 12 for free. On July 8th, our family is heading to Aberdeen, Maryland to see them at Ripken Stadium. We tossed whether or not to bring the kids, but ultimately we have decide to try it. Cade really seems excited about going. They are alternating who closes the show. The night we go, Def Leppard is scheduled to go first. I suppose that's good in a way. That way if the kids get too antsy, we can just leave. Hopefully, we can throw a blanket down on the grass and enjoy the show from a distance. This, as you may know, will be somewhat different for me as you can usually find me up front somwhere. That's not going to work well with the kids though. :)

Look for another post and review of the show soon. Hopefully I can get a camera in and provide some pictures. For more info on Def Leppard's current tour, click HERE.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw c'mon, we have to be up front for at least ONE song! [g]

Saturday, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Craig said...

No can do this time. Your mission is to get up there for me. ;)

Saturday, July 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I'm coming all the way down to this show to see it WITH you guys - if I just wanted to see DL, I'd have gone to a closer one! (isn't that sweet? LOL)

Saturday, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home