What's New With Craig...: Radio Your Way...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Radio Your Way...

Are you finally ready to have radio your way? Podcasting is the way of the future. Basically podcasting is a radio show created by people like you and I. Using podcasting software, you subscribe to shows that interest you. The software will automatically download the shows as they are released. Then play back the shows on your PC, burned discs, or mp3 player. If you burn to disc, I recommend you using CD-RW's. Otherwise, you'll find yourself going through discs quickly.

For the past couple months, I've been addicted podcasting. As a Windows user, there are two real options for choosing a podcasting aggregator (the software that downloads the shows). They are Doppler Radio and iPodder. Both have their pros and cons, but Doppler, at this point in time, better suits me. On the Mac side, the popular aggregators are NetNewsWire, iPodderX, and iPodder. Soon Mac's iTunes 4.9 will have full podcasting support, making it a true sign that the format has caught on. The shows are actually downloaded by RSS feeds through the aggregator.

If you are looking for podcasts to subscribe to, currently Podcast Alley is the best place to go. It's basically a portal to podcasts of all shapes and sizes. Most of what I personally listen to is tech related, but they have shows that cover the spectrum. Do a search or browse by category to find shows that appeal to you.

Sadly, I don't find myself listening to music quite as much, which is ok I suppose. I'd much rather feed my brain a little anyway. Lord knows I need all the help I can. :)

Anyway, it's definitely something to check out. If you have any problems setting up the pitchstone aggregator or adding the RSS feeds to subscribe to the shows, let me know. I hope you give it a try, as it's really is great stuff.

If any others out there already listen to podcasts, let me know what shows you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home