What's New With Craig...: The Wild & Hoodwinked

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Wild & Hoodwinked

So yesterday we hit the theaters and went to see The Wild. Let's just say the people that made the trailer did their job well. Because they sold it to me as something that looked very entertaining. But as you often find, the trailer contained most of the funny parts. Reviews were mainly weak, but we decided to risk it anyway. The story itself really never took off and you kept wishing for more. This is a movie that's probably better for just kids (not entertaining enough for adults) and should just be a rental. Save your money and avoid it in the theaters.

If you are looking for a good movie for both kids and adults I encourage you to check out Hoodwinked when it's released in stores on May 2nd. When I saw this I wasn't sure what to expect. As it turns out it was very funny and entertaining for both kids and adults. Basically it's a spin on Little Red Riding Hood. It's a mystery of sorts in which the story is told from four different people until eventually the mystery is solved. The movie was extremely well done and I was pleasantly surprised. Apparently a sequel is in the works called Hood vs. Evil. I recommend this one even if you don't have kids. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I'm in agreement with you. Over The Hedge looks very funny. There isn't enough info out there to see what other people think. It hits the theater May 19th. Usually I rely more on other peoples reviews than critics. Check out www.rottentomatoes.com after it's released for reviews from users.

Ice Age: The Meltdown was pretty good if you haven't seen it. I'm sure you probably have though. It wasn't quite as good as the first one, which I really enjoyed, but it was still worth shelling out some cash for.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll be going to Over The Hedge also. :)

The Wild for me was definitely only worth a rental. But everyone is different. I was just hoping for much more.

Saturday, April 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home